[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

kjetil@entelnet.bo kjetil at entelnet.bo
Wed Dec 17 23:20:26 CET 2003

On 17 Dec 2003 at 12:51, Jonathan Baron wrote:

> On 12/17/03 12:19, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> >

> >In rereading this one idea occurred to me.  What if the entire R help
> >system were turned into a wiki?   That is,
> >
> >?whatever
> >
> >would take you to the help page, but not on your computer --
> >rather to the same page on the wiki.  You would then find the
> >docs as they exist now plus the experiences of other people

Yes, this might be nice, but pls remember that many people in many
countries still use machines without web connection, or worse, pay
modem time by minute.  Or use laptops on planes.

But it could be nice to be able to write
wiki("lm")
as an alternative to
help("lm")
and maybe the possibility to use options("help") to associate ?lm
with whichever one likes.

Kjetil Halvorsen