[R] re| Dr Ward on List protocol

Steve Wisdom swis at mantrade.com
Fri Dec 26 17:06:09 CET 2003

"Andrew C. Ward" <acward at uqconnect.net.au> :

>With respect to 'tone' and 'friendliness', perhaps all that
>is meant or needed is that people be polite and respectful.

>I shake my head as often at rude answers

Oh, by gosh, by golly.

I don't think an occasional dose of 'real life', via a jab from the
Professor, will cause any lasting harm to the cosseted & emolumated students
and academics on the List.

On a Wall St trading desk, for example, every day one is kicked in the head
more brutally by clients, superiors, counterparts, the markets & etc, than
ever one would be by the Professor.

Plus, the Professor's jabs are good Schadenfreudic fun for the rest of us. .

Regards,

Steve Wisdom
Westport CT US

ps/ In the interest of full disclosure, I own four of the Professor's books