[R] re| Dr Ward on List protocol

Rolf Turner rolf at math.unb.ca
Fri Dec 26 17:34:57 CET 2003

Steve Wisdom wrote:

> I don't think an occasional dose of 'real life', via a jab from the
> Professor, will cause any lasting harm to the cosseted & emolumated
> students and academics on the List.
>
> On a Wall St trading desk, for example, every day one is kicked in
> the head more brutally by clients, superiors, counterparts, the
> markets & etc, than ever one would be by the Professor.
>
> Plus, the Professor's jabs are good Schadenfreudic fun for the rest
> of us.

Uhhhh, there's more than ***one*** rude professor who contributes to
the list.

Although I play in a very minor league academically, I like to think
that my capacity for rudeness is right up there with the best of
them! :-)

					cheers,

						Rolf Turner
						rolf at math.unb.ca

P. S.  My New Oxford Dictionary lists the word ``emolument'' as a noun,
but does not list a verb ``emolumate''.  (???)

						R. T.