[R] postgres

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 09:03:03 CET 2003

RPgSQL etc seem now to be unsupported.

As for ODBC, there is some information in the README *but* setting up ODBC
is not an R question.  Once you have a working connection (tested by say
isql -v foo), then odbcConnect("foo") will work too.  There is lots of
documentation on the unixODBC site.  Where I would be critical is of the
Postrgres ODBC documentation: there are several drivers, no documentation
and most of them are broken.  The one place you will find how to do it is
in the RODBC README.  So I do resent your comments.