[R] R CMD check .

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 12 22:22:04 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Robin Hankin wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> I'm writing a package and am trying to get it past "R CMD check ."  It
> has no C or Fortan code, just R code.
>
> "R CMD check ."  reports that the examples don't work:
>

> r:Davies% R CMD check .
> * checking for working latex ... OK
> * using log directory '/home/rksh/information/Davies/Davies.Rcheck'
>

> [deleted]
>
> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
> * checking for undocumented arguments in \usage ... OK
> * checking for CRLF line endings in C sources/headers ... OK
> * creating Davies-Ex.R ... OK
> * checking examples ... ERROR
> Running examples failed.
> r:Davies%
>
> Everything works fine with "R CMD check --no-example ."
>
> How do I tell which .Rd file is the problem?  (I suspect that the
> examples aren't actually being executed because most of them take a
> long time and the error is pretty much instantaneous).

Rcmd check makes a directory called libname.Rcheck. Inside that you will
find a .Rout file which gives a log of the examples. If I understand the
pattern it is called libname-Ed.Rout.

Look at that file to see where the running of your examples failed.

David Scott
David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland	NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Webmaster, New Zealand Statistical Association:
        http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/nzsa/