[R] functions different in R and S

Huiqin Yang Huiqin.Yang at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 18 20:59:03 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

  We have encountered the problem of functions that appear different in
R and S.  For example, ! in S becomes system() in R.  We also have
found that new() in S does not exist in R, unless it has a different
name.  I wonder whether there is any resource that can point to useful substitutes for S functions that are not recognized by R.  At the same time whether there is a list
of functions, which appear in both R and S but which don't do exactly the same thing.

  Many thanks.

Helen Yang