[R] exporting graphs

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 9 14:49:03 CET 2003

I suspect the problem is with Word, not R.  Exporting as a metafile (or
even cut-and-paste) and including in Word works well *provided* your
printer is capable of high quality (e.g. a postscript printer).

Avoid the bitmap options, and use wmf, postscript or pdf for inclusion in
other documents.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jesús Fernández Gálvez wrote:

> Could you please give me an idea of how to export graphs from R to a
> word processor? I normally use Microsoft Word for writing but when
> trying to put graphs from R on the documents the quality get very low. I
>
> have tried both, copy and paste into Word (bitmap and metafile), and
> save the graph (I have tried all different formats) and then import the
> file into the text document, but the quality in both case is too low.
> How can I keep the quality of my R graphs?
> I am currently using R 1.6.1.

On Windows, evidently!

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk