[R] readline and R installation

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 8 18:04:19 CEST 2003

One way is setting the (or adding to an existing one)
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to your directory
(.../local/R/readline); there are other related ways described
in the "R Administration/Installation" manual which I'd warmly
recommend consulting here.

If that is really /local/R/... I guess the resulting R will only
run on your workstation which is a bit unfortunate.
Did you try to convince your sys.admin installing readline
"globally"?

Hoping this helps,

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><