[R] readline and R installation

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 9 01:27:36 CEST 2003

I have read and added the options in the config.site file. Although I get
the following message
R is now configured for sparc-sun-solaris2.8

      Source directory:          .
      Installation directory:    /usr/local

      C compiler:                gcc  -g -O2
      C++ compiler:              g++  -g -O2
      Fortran compiler:          g77  -g

      Interfaces supported:      X11
      External libraries:        readline
      Additional capabilities:   bzip2, PCRE
      Options enabled:           R profiling

      Recommended packages:      no

configure.log still shows missing readline.h file. It shows the following in
config.log

    | #include <readline/history.h>
    configure:12368: result: no
    configure:12404: checking for readline/history.h
    configure:12411: result: no
    configure:12296: checking readline/readline.h usability
    configure:12309:
gcc -c -g -O2 -I/usr/local/R/readline -I/local/R/readline conftest.c >&5
    configure:12379:31: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
    configure:12312: $? = 1

and my config.site file contains the following
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/R/readline"
LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/local/R/readline"
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/R/readline -I/local/R/readline"

when I envoke R and press C-r it writes
(reverse-i-search)`':

but C-l , M-b, and others work. the only keys that do not work are the
delete and arrow up and down.

Thank you for all the help