[R] Contents of R-help digest.-contouring

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jul 21 21:27:19 CEST 2003

The reference to "Venerable and Ripley" reminds me that in the late
1940s, George Box worked for Imperial Chemicals Industries, which
appeared in at least one brochure I saw as "Empirical Chemicals
Industries".  George invented response surface methods there, so the
"typo" was not as inappropriate as one might otherwise think.

Enjoy, Spencer Graves