[R] wireframe: how to remove the frame around my plot?

Jerome Asselin jerome at hivnet.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 24 23:54:15 CEST 2003

Finally, I think this works. The function trellis.par.get() contains all
default values of the parameters. I had to reset the option "axis.line" as
below. The bounding (square) box is made transparent. See
trellis.par.get() for the list of all default parameter values.

Cheers,
Jerome

     library(lattice)
     x <- seq(-pi, pi, len = 20)
     y <- seq(-pi, pi, len = 20)
     g <- expand.grid(x = x, y = y)
     g$z <- sin(sqrt(g$x^2 + g$y^2))
     trellis.par.set("axis.line",list(col=NA,lty=1,lwd=1))
     wireframe(z ~ x * y, g, drape = TRUE,
               perspective = FALSE,
               aspect = c(3,1), colorkey = FALSE)