[R] defining and plotting functions thanks to equation

Alec Stephenson a.stephenson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 15:41:13 CEST 2003

The cdf of the Gumbel distribution is exp(-exp(-x)), not the density.
The easiest way to plot the density is probably to download package evd
and use

library(evd)
plot(dgumbel, -2, 5)

Alec Stephenson                            tel +44 (0) 1524 593950
Department of Mathematics and Statistics   fax +44 (0) 1524 592681
Lancaster University                  a.stephenson at lancaster.ac.uk
Lancaster LA1 4YF          http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~stephena/