[R] Ideas for remote collaboration on statistical analyses

Frank E Harrell Jr fharrell at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 28 18:12:30 CEST 2003

I plan to use Sweave for most of the statistical reports I write for general statistical consulting projects.  I would like to also have a way to collaborate with remote clients using a phone and a web server.  This might involve a more incremental output process than Sweave uses.  One could, for example, use a Wiki like that from twiki.org to upload pieces of an analysis as it proceeds, having the client click the refresh button to get more graphs, tables, etc.  But this would be somewhat of a manual process that involves multiple edits or uploads.  Has anyone thought of a more automated incremental web-based collaborative analysis model?  The best solution might allow Sweave to easily be run once at the conclusion, to get a better packaged and cross-indexed final analysis report in pdf format.

---
Frank E Harrell Jr              Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences
U. Virginia School of Medicine  http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat