[R] Ideas for remote collaboration on statistical analyses

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 28 18:42:55 CEST 2003

On 07/28/03 12:12, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:
>I would like to also have a way to collaborate
>with remote clients using a phone and a web server.

One idea - which I have yet to convince any of my many remote
collaborators to try - is to use Vnc to allow you and the
client/collaborator to view the same R session at the same time.
It isn't a web server, but it is almost as easy to use.  You can
talk on the phone and discuss what you're doing.  Vnc can, in
principle, allow both of you to enter commands on the same screen
(although I've never tried this because I've never gotten that
far).  It is cross platform.  It requires a high-speed connection
to be useful.

See http://www.realvnc.com.

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/