[R] Building an R package under Windows NT

Benjamin.STABLER@odot.state.or.us Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us
Mon Jun 2 23:08:55 CEST 2003

Thanks for the suggestions.

1) I fixed the zip.exe PATH issue.
2) I removed unnecessary quotes around C:\Program Files\R
3) I ran Rcmd install emme2 with the following result:

---------- Making package emme2 ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
 175373 [main] sh 352 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA4> for
pid 1736008448, Win32 error 6
  installing man source files
  33006 [main] sh 280 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA0> for
pid 1736008448, Win32 error 6
  installing indices
make[1]: *** [indices] Error 255
make: *** [pkg-emme2] Error 2
*** Installation of emme2 failed ***

4) I ran Rcmd build --binary emme2 with the following results:

D:\>Rcmd build --binary emme2
* checking for file 'emme2/DESCRIPTION' ... OK

---------- Making package emme2 ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
 166100 [main] sh 310 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA4> for
pid 1667855360, Win32 error 6
  installing man source files
  40843 [main] sh 294 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA0> for
pid 1667855360, Win32 error 6
  installing indices
make[1]: *** [indices] Error 255
make: *** [pkg-emme2] Error 2
*** Installation of emme2 failed ***

installing R.css in c:/TEMP/Rbuild.308

* building 'emme2_0.1.zip'
  adding: emme2/ (stored 0%)
  adding: emme2/CONTENTS (deflated 35%)
  adding: emme2/DESCRIPTION (deflated 38%)
  adding: emme2/INDEX (deflated 26%)
  adding: emme2/man/ (stored 0%)
  adding: emme2/man/emme2.Rd (deflated 73%)
  adding: emme2/Meta/ (stored 0%)
  adding: emme2/Meta/Rd.rds (deflated 63%)
  adding: emme2/R/ (stored 0%)
  adding: emme2/R/emme2 (deflated 81%)

5) I ran Rcmd check emme2 with the following results:

D:\>Rcmd check emme2
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'D://emme2.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'emme2/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

---------- Making package emme2 ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
 167548 [main] sh 73 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA0> for
pid 1667855360, Win32 error 6
  installing man source files
  33391 [main] sh 337 proc_subproc: Couldn't duplicate my handle<0xA0> for
pid 1667855360, Win32 error 6
  installing indices
make[1]: *** [indices] Error 255
make: *** [pkg-emme2] Error 2
*** Installation of emme2 failed ***

installing R.css in D:/emme2.Rcheck

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
* checking generic/method consistency ... WARNING
plot:
  function(x, ...)
plot.links:
  function(link.data, nodes, centroids, ...)

* checking for assignment functions with final arg not named 'value' ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for undocumented objects ... ERROR
Error in undoc(package = "emme2") : directory 'D://emme2.Rcheck/emme2'
contains no help index

Thus I am not doing something correctly.  I was able to install the package
via the "install from local zip file" option in RGui though.  But I can't
search for any of my functions and the 00Index.html file was not created.
Do I need to create 00Index.html with Rdconv?  I thought maybe I should use
"Rcmd build --binary --docs=html emme2" but the "--docs=html" option is not
working for me.  The html is less important to me than the make working
correctly (atleast I am guessing so).  Any ideas as to why the make portion
of the check/build is failing?  Thanks.

Ben Stabler