Rtips (was Re: [R] ? building a database with a the great examples

Paul E. Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Tue Jun 3 16:23:30 CEST 2003

I think there is a lot of merit in this idea.  I think there is a big
question about "authentication" and protection of Wikis from vandalism.

I've set up Wikis for other projects that I started after Rtips.  I have
not seen your Wiki software before,  but it looks pretty nice.  I see it
does have diff support, so old pages can be restored, yes?  But it
doesn't authenticate users, which causes me some concern.  (I understand
the Wiki philosophy that we should not be concerned about
authentication, but I've never bought into it all the way).

I have a TWiki site here:

http://www.ku.edu/cgiwrap/pauljohn/twiki/view

This one I hacked up special to use authentication on some pages so that
people have to log in before they can edit.

I had not realized before I looked at your page that Wiki
implementations are customized for document format.  For page sections,
your Wiki uses

= aHeading =

but Twiki uses

---+ aHeading