[R] Building an R package under Windows NT

Benjamin.STABLER@odot.state.or.us Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us
Tue Jun 3 18:35:50 CEST 2003

The version of Perl I have is:

  This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for MSWin32-x86-object

  Copyright 1987-1998, Larry Wall

  Binary build 506 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
  Built 15:40:37 Oct 27 1998

It was installed by my IS department some time ago.  I will try installing
Perl 5.8 and see if that works.

Since "Rcmd build -h" does not print a description of the acceptable values
for "--docs=", I thought I would look for something similar.  The
"--docs=TYPE" option for build and the "--type=TYPE" for Rdconv looked
related so I thought I would give it a try.  Without knowing what the
correct values for "--docs=TYPE" are, how am I suppose to know that
"--docs=TYPE" is not the same as "--type=TYPE" for specifing what types of
help documents to create?  I don't think it is a stretch to see how these
two could be confused.