[R] Problem when making refman.pdf on WinXP (R 1.7.1)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Jun 16 19:10:42 CEST 2003

Dear R-help,

Can some one tell me what could be the problem?  I downloaded the R-1.7.1
source and try to compile it on WinXP.  "make", "make bitmapdll", "make
tcl", "make recommended" all ran w/o problem.  However, when I ran "make
docs", it failed at creating refman.pdf, with no apparent error that I could
see.  I have attached the log file (refman.log), and would very much
appreciate it if some one can give me some clues as to what's wrong.  TIA!
 <<refman.log>>
Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research     Merck Research Labs
PO Box 2000, RY33-300      Rahway, NJ 07065
mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com <mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com>      732-594-0820

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.