[R] Attachments for R-help

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 17 09:37:41 CEST 2003

    AndyL> Dear R-help, Can some one tell me what could be the
    AndyL> problem?  I downloaded the R-1.7.1 source and try to
    AndyL> compile it on WinXP.  "make", "make bitmapdll", "make
    AndyL> tcl", "make recommended" all ran w/o problem.
    AndyL> However, when I ran "make docs", it failed at
    AndyL> creating refman.pdf, with no apparent error that I
    AndyL> could see.  I have attached the log file
    AndyL> (refman.log), and would very much appreciate it if
    AndyL> some one can give me some clues as to what's wrong.
    AndyL> TIA!  <<refman.log>> Best, Andy

[and the attachment didn't come]

I have had the content filtering for R-help activated a while
ago. Currently it drops attachments (apart from some multipart/*
and text/html which should be translated to text/plain)
unless they are of the following MIME types

 text/plain
 application/pgp-signature
 application/postscript
 application/pdf
 image/png

Note that I didn't put all "image/"s on purpose (some spam has
just an url + an offensive picture).

For r-devel, some more are on this pass_mime_types list, e.g. (/x-tar,..)

Comments are welcome -- maybe privately to me.

Yours,
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><