[R] R as COM client (rather than server)

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 30 15:19:08 CEST 2003

It can be done.
But it is still in development and therefore not on CRAN.
There is a library rcom which does exactly what you are asking for.

http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom/

always has the latest version of the R COM package,
currently including the package for R as a client also.

There is a special mailing list for questions
related to R and (D)COM
you can subscribe to it at