[R] R as COM client (rather than server)

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at research.bell-labs.com
Mon Jun 30 15:57:49 CEST 2003

There is also the Omegahat collection of packages for DCOM
which supports R as a client, user-definable server objects and event handlers.
Together, RDCOMClient and  RDCOMServer  (and the SWinRegistry and SWinTypeLibs packages)
provide a general way to handle arbitrary data types in R and COM.
There is a description of how this differs from the S-Plus approach  and Thomas' rdcom package.

See http://www.omegahat.org/RDCOMClient