[R] ESS+R not closing gracefully

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 11:16:02 CET 2003

I think it is a Windows/Emacs issue.  That example works perfectly with
Rterm --ess in a shell.  Some debugging shows that Rterm calls
exit(status) and then fails to shut down.  So it is hanging in the C
shutdown routines.  My guess is that as Emacs still has the file handles
open it is using to communicate with Rterm, it is fighting with Windows to
stop them being closed.

Not an R-help issue.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk