[R] mozilla and R -- again

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Thu Mar 27 23:20:32 CET 2003

Anne kindly e-mailed me and we had an offline exchange on this prior
to her post here.  I can also confirm this behavior with R 1.6.2 under
WinXP using Mozilla 1.3.

However, if I use IE 6 SP1, this does not occur. So this would seem to
be yet another example of a Mozilla related Java engine/applet issue.

When going back to the search results page using Mozilla, a quick
visual scan of the HTML code does not show any changes from the
initial version that worked.  If you move the mouse over the links,
the mouse changes, however the link URL does not show on the Mozilla
status line, suggesting that something is at least partially blocking
the link activation in the browser.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz