R, w3m, ESS, ... [was Re: [R] mozilla and R -- again]

david.whiting@ncl.ac.uk david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 19:35:39 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:38:22AM -0800, A.J. Rossini wrote:

[...]
> > fast.  This does not provide all of the functionality of help.start()
> > but might be a way of getting free of these java issues (for those
> > happy to use emacs and ESS that is).
>
> Very, very interesting.  Let me know if I can help.

Without doubt.  How about this problem: I can get input from the
minibuffer and store it in a variable.  I haven't yet found out how to
call R from a lisp function (or more correctly do thing like
eval-region/eval-my-search-function) and when I do I want to be able
to pass the entered value to the function.  I plan to try to work on
this over the weekend so if you can give me some pointers in that
direction it would be helpful.  Please remember though that I am very,
very new to lisp.

> Let us know if you make progress that you'd like to share!

Okay, will do.  BTW, what's the best way to handle
discussion/collaboration on this?  Off-list, at least until something
more solid appears?  It is probably a little tangential to R-help for
now and I have not subscribed to the ESS list.

Bye for now.

Dave

--
Dave Whiting