[R] "help.start() and kde konqueror"

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Tue May 6 18:41:09 CEST 2003

Lundgren
>Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 11:00 AM
>To: Guido Sohne
>Cc: R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
>Subject: Re: [R] "help.start() and kde konqueror"
>

>Thanks,
>but unfortunately this doesn't help
>se output below
>
>>help.start(browser = 'kfmclient')
>Changing the default browser (as specified by the `browser' option)
>    the given browser so that it gets used for all future help
>    requests.
>Making links in per-session dir ...
>If kfmclient is already running, it is *not* restarted, and you must
>    switch to its window.
>Otherwise, be patient ...
>> Mutex destroy failure: Enhet eller resurs upptagen
>
>helpstart works as before but unfortunately not the search engine
>
>Fredrik

I don't use Konqueror but I noted from the web site that there are
some Java related issues with it somewhat similar to those facing
Mozilla, which I do use under both WinXP and RH Linux running Gnome.

You might want to review the follow URL's to ensure that your Java
configuration is set up correctly. As was pointed out, the search
engine requires both JavaScript and Java being enabled and Java being
properly installed on your system.

http://konqueror.org/faq/#JavaAppletsonlyshowupasgreyrectangleswhatswr
ong
(Last question at the bottom of the page)

and

http://konqueror.org/javahowto/

Hope that helps,

Marc Schwartz