[R] ROracle problem with Oracle9i on Red Hat 8.0

David James dj at research.bell-labs.com
Wed May 14 15:09:59 CEST 2003

Hmm. I don't have (easy) access to Oracle9i, but I'd try to find
out whether the client library is indeed in the $ORACLE_HOME/lib
directory.  (I think the file name is something like "libclntst9.xx"
where xx may be "so" or "a").  Don MacQueen reported a similar
problem on Mac OS X, and he posted a workaround on the r-sig-mac list
on 7 Feb 2003.  I'm including here the relevant part of his posting:

DM = Don MacQueen

--
David