Follow-up: [R] Fisher LDA and prior=c(...) argument

Edgar Acuna edgar at cs.uprm.edu
Mon May 19 03:16:33 CEST 2003

Hello,

If you don not use the option prior in lda then the priors  are estimated
proportionally to the size of each class. If you do not use the option
prior in predict.lda then they are taken from the lda object. Otherwise
you can use any numbers in the vector of priors the only condition is that
they add up one.

The CV option of lda refers to the leave-out-out method. Several people
use n-fold CV. I wrote an R function to compute 10-fold CV for lda. Look
at :
math.uprm.edu/~edgar/CV10LDA.TXT

Regards,

Edgar Acuna