[R] segmentation fault when loading MASS library

Tao Shi shitao at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 01:53:59 CEST 2003

Hi, all:

There are two versions of R installed on our Linux cluster: 1.6.2 and 1.7.0
and both of them have problems with the MASS library.

For the R 1.6.2, whenever I load MASS library by typing library(MASS), there
is a "segmentation fault" and it automatically exit R.

For the R 1.7.0, for some reasons, there is no MASS library (there are also
other libraries came with the R 1.7.0) are missing.  Since I know the MASS
library should be part of the R 1.7 distribution package, I went to talk to
the system administrator who installed R 1.7.  He told me that he didn't do
anything special during the installation and he's also puzzled how this
would happen.

...Tao