[R] R doesn't remove temporary dirs and about bugreport

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Tue May 27 10:04:50 CEST 2003

Dear r-help,

1.  I always find in TEMP directory subdirs named like Rtmp#####
  where ##### denote a number.

  Obviously, they are created by R and are not removed by it after
  finish.
  Why?

  I use R 1.7.0 and Windows NT Workstation 4.0, English. SP 6a.

2. Is it possible to get known whether my bug report was received?

  I've sent to r-bugs at biostat.ku.dk the following but it seemed to me
  there  were no any reaction. Also I had some troubles with mail
  server, and the letter could be lost.

====
the source code of the 'reshape' function contains the following

reshapeLong <- function(data, varying, v.names = NULL, timevar,
       idvar, ids = 1:NROW(date), times, drop = NULL, new.row.names =
NULL) {

I suspect the expression

ids=1:NROW(date)

is erroneous.
The 'date' variable doesn't appear anywhere else in this function.
Maybe, 'data' ?

====
--
Best regards