[R] R doesn't remove temporary dirs and about bugreport

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 27 10:13:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Wladimir Eremeev wrote:

> Dear r-help,
>
> 1.  I always find in TEMP directory subdirs named like Rtmp#####
>   where ##### denote a number.
>
>   Obviously, they are created by R and are not removed by it after
>   finish.
>   Why?

Probably because a session crashed or Windows locked the file: an attempt
is made to remove the file when R ends.

>   I use R 1.7.0 and Windows NT Workstation 4.0, English. SP 6a.
>
> 2. Is it possible to get known whether my bug report was received?

Look on R-bugs.biostat.ku.dk to find out.

>   I've sent to r-bugs at biostat.ku.dk the following but it seemed to me
>   there  were no any reaction. Also I had some troubles with mail
>   server, and the letter could be lost.

I have seen a reply to you (Cc: to R-devel) on that one, and the bug has
been fixed.

BTW, all my messages to you generated problem reports from your server:
please do use a valid reply address on a machine which is properly
registered in the global DNS.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk