[R] Downloading packages from CRAN

rwatkins@cornerstonelp.com rwatkins at cornerstonelp.com
Sat May 31 00:21:11 CEST 2003

Hello-
	I am trying to download packages from CRAN to my Window-based system.  I
downloaded the most recent version of Perl, as instructed in the Install
Manual and the "car" package, just as a trial.
	Where should they "reside" within my computer:  the unzipped Perl I have
placed at ...R/rw1070; the "car" package I unzipped and placed at
...R/rw1070/library.  Is this correct?  I have tried calling various
commands via help(...) as a proxy to see if the commands / functions are
available [perhaps this is incorrect?] and get the message,"No documentation
for ... in specified packages and libraries"...
	I think my problems are related to the fact that I have mis-addressed or
mis-ordered something.  Am I right?
	I greatly appreciate all of the help I've receive to date -- thanks for
your continued patience.  A good weekend to all.

Rick