[R] "configure" options and R CMD INSTALL

Rajiv Prasad rajiv.prasad at charter.net
Mon Nov 10 01:10:23 CET 2003

Hi Dirk (and Tomomi):

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried using
'--configure-args="--with-fftw-lib=/usr/local/fftw-3.0.1"', but it did not
help.  configure still fails at the same place:

checking for fftwnd_one in -lfftw... no
configure: error: Sorry, cant find fftw library. Please use --with-fftw-lib.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rimage'
** Removing '/usr/local/R-1.8.0/lib/R/library/rimage'

I tried downgrading to fftw-2.1.5, but that was no help either.  The error
message is still the same, at the same place during configuration.

It seems to me that configure is checking for the existance of a function
named "fftwnd_one" in the fftw library, and is not able to find it (2.1.5 as
well as 3.0.1).

Any more ideas?  Thanks.

Rajiv

P.S. I'm also copying this message to the rimage maintainer Tomomi
TAKASHINA.  Maybe he can help.