[R] animated plot

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Tue Nov 11 09:55:59 CET 2003

Just a follow up: ImageMagick's command 'convert', which Antonio is
refering to, has also an option (-adjoin) to join gifs into an animated
sequence that can loop etc. ImageMagick exists for Windows too and its
free. With system("convert -adjoin ...") you can do everything from
within R. The it is also easier to edit the order of you images.

BTW: I would write my original images in *.png because *.jpg is
"destructive" (specially if you consider scatter plots etc). ImageMagick
also has 'mogrify', which allows you to convert a batch of images at
once.

Henrik Bengtsson