[R] animated plot

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 11 22:02:23 CET 2003

Hi

Jesus Fernandez Galvez wrote:
> Thanks for you comments,
>
> I am visualising 4 months time series at 30 minutes intervals so it is
> impossible to create all this set of images (*.png, *.jpg, *.bmp,…). With
> R, I can change the speed of visualisation but I think I would need  a
> screengrab tool to save the sequence. I manage to save as .pdf and the graph
> moves! But the file is huge. Could you please shedding some light on how to
> find screengrab tools (name of free software if possible)

If your animations are only changing the data symbols (or lines) (and if
SVG is an acceptable format), you could try using my (experimental!)
gridSVG package (I expect an SVG file would be a lot smaller).

If you can generate a tiny version from some of your data and send me a
file showing the sort of animation you are doing, I can have a go at
mocking up an SVG version.

Paul

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics