[R] animated plot

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 18:58:52 CET 2003

p.b.pynsent wrote:

> I would probably use both, joining  the files with GraphicsConverter and
> editing the movie with iMovie.
>
> Whatever you do I think you will need a few Gigabytes of disk space
> depending on your image and video resolution/compression.

  On a Unix/Linux box you could use im2avi:

http://cpbotha.net/im2avi.html

  It uses avifile to write the movie files, so can use a wide range of
codecs (file formats):

http://avifile.sourceforge.net/

But one question remains: Is there a movie player with a fine-grain
fast/slow speed control? For the usual platforms..

I did once generate an MPG from Splus graphics using screen captures and
mpegencode software on an old Sun Sparcstation.

Baz