[R] HMisc describe -- error with dates

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Wed Nov 12 02:40:50 CET 2003

dates is part of chron.  There may be something wrong in
Hmisc's detection of chron objects.

> chron(1)
[1] 01/02/70

> isChron(chron(1))
FALSE

---

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:06:38 -0500
From: <tmurph6 at po-box.mcgill.ca>
To: Frank E Harrell Jr <feh3k at spamcop.net>
Cc: <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: [R] HMisc describe -- error with dates

I am using the chron package. I have no preference for which function I use. I
just want the most reliable format for HMisc functions and general plotting. I
like the ddmonyyy formats (e.g. 11NOV2003). What would you recommend?

Thank you!