[R] r 1.7.1, MacOS 9.2.2, mclust 2.0-2 (Update), lapackLib

Stephen J. Kennedy skennedy at netway.com
Sat Nov 15 19:49:05 CET 2003

I am new to r and mclust.

I have version 1.7.1 of r, precompiled for Classic Mac OS (I am running 9.2.2 on a PowerBook G4).
I downloaded the precompiled version 2.0-2 of mclust for Classic MacOS.

It appears (from the example I was using below) that I need a library called lapackLib.  There does not appear to be a precompiled version at CRAN.  There is a makefile for lapackLib, to use with MPW.  I wondered if a compiled version might exist somewhere else.  I do not have MPW (although I could download this from Apple's site).  It has been a LONG time since I have used this and imagine it will be painful to get back up to speed.

Thanks,

S. Kennedy

> library(mclust)

Attaching package 'mclust':

	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

	 density

>  data(iris)
> irisMatrix <- as.matrix(iris[,1:4])
> irisClass <- iris[,5]
> irisMclust <- Mclust(irisMatrix)
> plot(irisMclust,irisMatrix)

make a plot selection (0 to exit):

1:plot: BIC
2:plot: Pairs
3:plot: Classification (2-D projection)
4:plot: Uncertainty (2-D projection)
5:plot: All
Selection: 5
Hit <Return> to see next plot:
Hit <Return> to see next plot:
Hit <Return> to see next plot:
Error in eigen(sigma, symmetric = TRUE) : lapack routines cannot be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
unable to load shared library "Hard Drive:R Stat Package:modules:lapackLib":
  error code -43 creating file spec for library Hard Drive:R Stat Package:modules:lapackLib