[R] Compiling R

John Dougherty jwdougherty at mcihispeed.net
Tue Nov 18 09:23:52 CET 2003

I have a generally successful compiled R 1.8.0 version installed on a SuSE 9.0
system.  One frustration however is that the basic keyboard functions of BASH
have not completely carried through and the up, down, left and right arrow
keys don't behave as they do on the regular shell command line.  That is no
command history can be accessed and the cursor cannot be back-spaced over a
recalled command to edit it.  I expect that I am missing a "--with-" statment
but I am not certain what it should be.  	Is there any help file that details
the fine points for compiling R?  INSTALL does not contain the information I
am interested in.

Thank you,
jwdougherty