[R] Re: nlrq problem

Roger Koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 20 15:26:29 CET 2003

Johannes,

You can minimize an model expression by just putting the ~ on the left
and everything else on the righthand side, but I don't think that this
is really what you want.  In the NLS expression this would ignore the
jacobian of the transformation from errors to response, and in nlrq
there is the same problem, however you can adjust for the jacobian
by rescaling by the geometric mean of the response.  I hope that this
helps.

Roger

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/my.html	Roger Koenker
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu			Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820