[R] Query: weighting cells in histogram

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Oct 2 17:28:20 CEST 2003

      "hist" returns a list, to which you can apply your weights.

      Alternatively, in R 1.7.1, typing "hist" [without the quotes (")]
at a commands prompt reveals a call to UseMethod.  'methods("hist")'
identifies functions "hist.default" and "hist.POSIXt".  Typing
"hist.default" prodused the R code, which you can then customize any way
you want.  The protocol in R 1.8 for this is different, but the same
concepts should apply, I believe.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves