[R] Compiling/using R on IBM AIX

Fan xiao.gang.fan1 at libertysurf.fr
Tue Oct 7 21:58:47 CEST 2003

Hi,

I plan to use R on IBM AIX machines (4.x.x), and hoping some feedbacks
from R users on this OS. I've looked at the R search site, my impression
is that there would be very few peoples who are currently using R
on AIX, correct me if I'm wrong.

To compile R on AIX,  I have two little questions:
1. which compiles would be recommanded (IBM C & Fortran compilers vs GNU compiles),
    and are there any restrictions on the version to be used ?
2. is Perl 5.0.0 usable instead of the version 5.6.1 recommanded ?

Many thanks in advance for your help
--
Fan