[R] R-OpenOffice.org Calc

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 20:37:14 CEST 2003

Branimir K. Hackenberger wrote:
> I have been very satisfied with R-Excel interface (DCOM). Few months ago
> I have changed my OS to Linux-Mandrake, and now I am using
> OpenOffice.org Calc as spreadsheet. I would like to know does exist some
> R-OpenOffice.org interface or how is possible to use R-functions in
> OpenOffice.org Calc?

  I think all you need to do is download the SDK:

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sdk/index.html

  then read and understand both the 900 page OpenOffice SDK manual, and
everything there is to know about R internals. Then write an extension
for OpenOffice Calc that uses UNO to communicate between Calc and the R
library. You'll probably have to use C++.

  The spreadsheet section of the SDK doc starts at page 535, by the way...

  Or is there a quicker way?

  Baz