[R] R-OpenOffice.org Calc

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Oct 10 07:40:01 CEST 2003

Barry Rowlingson <B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> writes:

> Branimir K. Hackenberger wrote:
>> I have been very satisfied with R-Excel interface (DCOM). Few months ago
>> I have changed my OS to Linux-Mandrake, and now I am using
>> OpenOffice.org Calc as spreadsheet. I would like to know does exist some
>> R-OpenOffice.org interface or how is possible to use R-functions in
>> OpenOffice.org Calc?
>
>   I think all you need to do is download the SDK:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sdk/index.html
>
>   then read and understand both the 900 page OpenOffice SDK manual,
>   and everything there is to know about R internals. Then write an
>   extension for OpenOffice Calc that uses UNO to communicate between
>   Calc and the R library. You'll probably have to use C++.
>
>   The spreadsheet section of the SDK doc starts at page 535, by the way...
>
>   Or is there a quicker way?

I think Harry M. (spelling escapes me this morning) posted about
working on a connection in the last few months.

That might help.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}