Fw: [R] SIMCA algorithm implementation

Mike White mikewhite.diu at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:46:46 CEST 2003

I have used PCA for data classification by visual examination of the 3D
scatter plot of the first 3 principal components.  I now want to use the
results to predict the class for new data.  I have used predict.princomp to
predict the scores and then visualise the results on a 3D scatter plot using
the rgl library.  However, is there an R function that will fit the new data
to the class assignments derived from PCA?  I think this is similar to what
the SIMCA algoirthm does.

Thanks
Mike