[R] Patches for DBI/RMySQL "valueClass" problem?

Barnet Wagman bw at northbranchlogic.com
Tue Oct 21 23:32:58 CEST 2003

According David Jame's response to my earlier question, there is a
problem with setGeneric.setMethod in R 1.8.0 that affects DBI and RMySQL.

Is there a fix for this?  David Jame's refers to an 'R-patched version'
but I haven't seen anything like this on  CRAN.  Would going back to an
older version of R solve the problem?

Thanks,

Barnet Wagman

"David James wrote:

However, there is a problem in the released version of R 1.8.0 that affects
the DBI and other packages (has something to do with methods
that use the "valueClass" argument in the setGeneric/setMethod functions).
In this case one needs to use the R-patched version. "