[R] Patches for DBI/RMySQL "valueClass" problem?

David James dj at research.bell-labs.com
Wed Oct 22 15:17:33 CEST 2003

Hi,

I think yesterday's email from M.Kondrin's <mkondrin at hppi.troitsk.ru>
summarizes two alternatives (1 and 2 below); of course you can also
use R-1.7.1.  To recap, I think you have 3 easy choices (at least):

(1) install R-patched from
    ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/R-patched.tar.gz

(2) Or add the line
        export(.valueClassTest)
    to the file $R_HOME/src/library/methods/NAMESPACE
    (where $R_HOME is the directory where you installed R-1.8.0)

(3) Or revert back to R 1.7.1

Hope this helps,

--
David