pre-compiled win binaries (was: Re: [R] Quantreg Package)

Achim Zeileis zeileis at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 23 21:51:04 CEST 2003

It happened for the second time in a week that a Windows binary for a
CRAN package was not availabe (Hmisc and quantreg) although the
package maintainer would have been willing to try to fix the problems
that prevented automatic pre-compilation if he would have realized
that there is a problem on Windows.
Of course, the information was provided on CRAN, but I thought that it
might help to automatically notify the package maintainers if some
conflicts occur on Windows. I would appreciate such a notification if
one of my packages would have failed to compile...and it is not very
unlikely that I wouldn't have discovered it myself.

I already asked Uwe privately and he would be willing to provide a
notification but maybe there are concerns or objections from the
maintainers?

best,