pre-compiled win binaries (was: Re: [R] Quantreg Package)

Roger Koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 23 22:06:54 CEST 2003

You are right, of course, it would be nice to have notification,
but I'm also sympathetic to Uwe's situation, and not everything
that could be automated, could be _easily_ automated within the
constraints imposed by the rest of world.  The lesson I've drawn
from this is that complaints will appear, and the check directory
does help explain problems.  My real difficulty is that I have
no good way to  explore windows specific problems.  But this is
just the flip side of saying what a great thing it is that
the windows binaries are usually appearing automagically without
any problems!

Roger

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/my.html	Roger Koenker
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu			Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820