[R] function is too long to keep source

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Sep 4 18:52:48 CEST 2003

	  I have a personal rule that any function I write that is longer than
about one page should be modularized.  This rule pushes me to think
carefully about how to structure the problem.  It also helps me debug my
code and modify it as appropriate.  If I can develop appropriate
"primatives", I get modules that I might be able to use in other
applications.

	  This doesn't help with your immediate problem, but it might in the
longer term.

spencer graves