[R] Job opening: Biostatistician

Peter Adorjan peter.adorjan at epigenomics.com
Thu Sep 11 11:08:33 CEST 2003

I hope this this could be of interest for some of you,
Thanks,
Peter Adorjan

      Biostatistics Expert (Berlin, Germany)

     You will develop and apply statistical techniques for the analysis,
visualization and quality control of high-dimensional and complex
biomedical data sets (mainly DNA microarray data). You will support
clinical study design in diagnostics and pharmaceutical research. You
will develop new methods and implement algorithms for statistical data
analysis. You will analyze data from scientific studies and clinical
trials in close cooperation with life scientists and external partners.
You will document and present results internally and externally.

You hold a university degree (MS, PhD) in statistics, computer science
or a related field. You have good knowledge and working experience with
multivariate statistical methods. Experience in medical or
pharmaceutical research and experience analyzing DNA microarray data is
a strong plus. Solid analytical skills are essential and experience with
machine learning methods is ideal. You master R/S-Plus or another
statistical language; you have good software development skills (C++ or
Java, databases). You can efficiently turn ideas into practical
solutions. You are an independent, creative scientist with excellent
communication skills. You are able to plan and supervise research and
also provide effective solutions within a constrained time. You know how
to work in an international environment (working language English) at an
interdisciplinary nodal position between the life sciences and
statistics. Ideally, you have experience in project- and/or team-management.

Position is available immediately.

Epigenomics` offices are attractively located in downtown Berlin and we
offer positions with a high degree of responsibility in an exciting and
dynamic work atmosphere. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Human Resources Dept.
Kleine Präsidentenstr. 1
D-10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com